Δευτέρα, Δεκεμβρίου 21, 2009

Christmas Dinner - Easy Table Decoration


Easy Table Christmas Decoration with flower and fruit arrangenment


It's been more than a year since my last post. What can I say? It has been an amazing year. More about how Serge changed our lives in another post.
Right now it's all about Christmas. This year we are having the most amazing, magical Christmas season, all courtesy of toddler Serge and his dynamo personality. However, after a whole full year of not being able to have a lot of people over (Serge is a light sleeper and wakes up with dinning people noises) we wanted to throw a pre Christmas dinner for some friends.

Easy Table Christmas Decoration with flower and fruit arrangenment

I wanted to come up with a festive table decoration but I have a thing with flowers. While I marvel at the beauty of a full vase of flowers, I always feel a bit sad because all these delicate flowers will wither away in a few days. Especially at my home where central heating in our building is arranged at heat wave temperatures at winter, flowers would only last a couple of days.




So I came up with this um flower - fruit arrangement. It felt kind of Renaissance, a bit of decadent and was easy and cheap to make and will last more. Plus, we can nibble on the fruit later.
I placed the flowers in a tiny jar with water and then placed that inside the vase. I topped it up with apples, pomegranates ( I have never seen pomegranates bigger or  redder than these ), grapes and anything dangly and red I could find.

 


1 σχόλιο:

Marian είπε...

It is a beautiful composition indeed.
I also feel sad about flowers, so you gave me a great idea to steal :)